Tuesday 11 January 2011

Kimono

I'd never watched the film Silver Streak before tonight. It took that, an episode of The Professionals and The Simpsons to finish sewing up the Kimono. Memoirs of a Geisha may be my favourite novel, but I don't think I'm turning to Japanese knitting. I really think not. Still, it may go better with a different outfit - something other than my pyjamas. So it's just floor pics for now...



Blue top is mostly finished - it also needs sewing up, which will be tomorrow night's project I think. Can't wait to see what's on TV...

I do have a plan for another new project: I've always wanted to own one of these ever since I saw a version of it in a Darwin exhibition at a museum in Cambridge:

They're not particularly cheap to buy though. But I did think it might be fun to try and combine this:
with a simple mini skull pattern and some rectangular book-shaped things... ;)


Wool used for Kimono: DK Shamal (Forsell) in 1818 Carmine and Aztec 4ply Chenille in Dusky Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment