Sunday 2 January 2011

'Be ready to do one more forever...'

That's what Sarah Kline always says, while I'm crouched on the floor watching her do another thirty frog-squats... I've been thinking about that a lot over the last 24 hours of Morecambe & Wise (finally!) on the TV, Match of the Day, a beautiful sunny day and a lot of wrist ache... Just one more row, just one more row...

I thought it would be a really great idea to knit Chrysanthemum from Haiku Knits; it's a really easy, simple Kimono-style cardigan which can actually be worn in two different ways (it took me quite a while of staring at the pictures to work it out - then I read the instructions and it was all obviously there...). Really easy, in fact, in that you're just knitting three rectangular shapes - one normal one, one with a chunk cut out, and one very thin, long one. So simple, it hurts. Literally. I never thought I'd get bored of stocking stitch, but after 31 inches of the stuff, I'm pretty fed up. This is definitely an exercise in Japanese disciple and zen mastery...

No comments:

Post a Comment