Sunday 23 January 2011

In the pink...

Many more distractions, but luckily I had another weekend at my dad's to catch up with knitting. The top of the pink top is done - I forgot to take my sleeve hooks with me, otherwise I would have got further:


I also bought a couple of balls of Wilkinsons' lime green wool to knit a summer pullover with. I'm thinking probably this:

It looked green in the photostat, although it's actually gold.... But who cares? It'll be summery and that's all that matters.

I saw this on someone's Facebook feed:

Pay it Forward 2011: I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment here. They must in turn post this and send something they make to the first 5 people who comment on their status. The rules are that it must be handmade by you and ...it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011.

It could be ANYTHING...!

Take part and pass it on


I like the idea. I don't think I'd feel comfortable making things on demand, but I am thinking, in the spirit of making something for someone else, and similar to Yarn Bombing, I might try and make things for other people too - besides scarves for Christmas. Although, let's face it, it'll mostly be scarves... and possibly a Frog Prince... I'll be writing a post entitled "I'd like to teach the world to knit" and covering everything in crochet and loomed flower power before you know it...

No comments:

Post a Comment