Sunday 9 January 2011

Blue Tips

One of the good things about staying at my dad's for the weekend - besides the SkyHD with Sports and Movies packages, free food, a cup of tea and a biscuit in bed on a Sunday morning... and, obviously, seeing my dad - is that I get to knit for long periods of time without distractions in front of a large enough TV to view over the needles. So I was pleased to finally finish the last piece of the Kimono:

which now just needs to be sewn together...somehow... and, during two FA Cup ties (including Man U v Liverpool... :)) I got to start a new project:

also from the Haiku Knits book, which is supposed to eventually look like (my version of) 'Running Brook':

Rather a lot of errata in this pattern, but luckily her diagrams make it clear when the words sound like nonsense... That might be what was missing from some of the Stephanie Japel patterns, and my constant confusion over her wording (and maths).

This weekend I was struggling a bit with my blood pressure - this tends to happen particularly when I walk from a very cold place, like outdoor England, into a very hot place, like overheated shopping precincts, and vice versa, during which transitions my toes and finger tips tend to throb like a chav's car stereo speakers. However, I was a little perturbed this weekend to also discover that my finger tips had turned blue!!

But after a short moment of mild panic I realised I'd been knitting for the past four hours with some very cheap blue wool... I must remember not to wash any finished products with anything light...!

No comments:

Post a Comment