Tuesday 28 December 2010

Scarfish

One of the patterns in the Haiku Knits book is a sort of scarf/wrap thing, called 'Fisherman's Net'. It's a beautiful, pearlesque thing, unlike any fisherman's net you're ever likely to see (except maybe in Japan) and I'd love to knit it exactly as is, but I don't have the right wool mixes.

However, the pattern suggests you can knit a scarf on 15mm needles using only 86 stitches - that's 86 stitches long, 18 rows wide... Not possible, thunk I! So I decided to give it a test run using some of my scrap pieces of wool...
The needles are not the easiest to knit with at all times, but they're certainly speedy, and this pattern was finished in under an hour!

I personally think my yucky and completely improvised colour scheme looks considerably more like an actual fisherman's net, what with the filthy green and the red bloody specks...



I'm quite pleased I now know how to knit this sort of scarf though - it was considerably quicker than the last one I knitted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment