Friday 31 December 2010

Lost in knitting...

I am just a little concerned this 'hobby' may be becoming an 'obsession' now... I haven't brushed my hair in over 24 hours because I've had 'better things to do', i.e. k2, p2... It's a worry, but I just don't seem to stop, and when I do stop it's usually to surf eBay for the right colour yarn for the next project... Yesterday I watched Lost in Austen and, much as I wanted to snog Darcy (at least, for once, I was appreciating a man who is actually closer to my age!) and fantasise about a man who has manners, breeding and decorum, all I could think about was why they were embroidering hymn book covers in the drawing room - why not knit or crochet? Oh, lord...

During Lost in Austen and over breakfast this morning:

This jumper is finally taking shape, albeit half the shape it should take because I was skimping on the wool. I may wait and see how much I have left at the end and possibly add on to the hemline ribbing...

I wonder if I could afford to hire Elliot Cowan as Mr Darcy and make him knit...? If ever a man was in need of a nice warm scarf, it's this one:

[sigh]... I wonder when my new wool purchases will arrive...?

No comments:

Post a Comment