Friday 31 December 2010

Oh, brother...which art thou?

Speaking of scarves: Having knitted my sister and my dad a scarf for Christmas, my brother-in-law, who was there for the unwrapping, decided he felt left out (even after seeing the end products!). He asked, with about 70% sincerity, that I knit him one too. But I realise I actually don't own any knitting patterns for scarves for men! The only two I could find were these from (ehem) downloaded Knit.1 Vogue mags:



I made my dad's one using a base-pattern from a jumper I'd knitted earlier in the year:

Of course he wore it - he's my dad! Dad's have to do that sort of thing - he still has a lot of very ugly pottery from mine and my sister's school days on display in his china cabinet! Although it wasn't a bad scarf, if I do say so myself... Apart from the holes...

So now I'm a bit bereft of inspiration. You'd think in this modern, metrosexual world of theirs, that men would come up with some more interesting scarf ideas... More interesting than a footballer's poncy snood, anyway...

Will go watch the original cinema versions of Star Wars, finish this jumper, and see what muse strays in...

No comments:

Post a Comment