Monday 20 December 2010

I thought it would never happen, but...

SCARF DONE!!!


Just like the last one, I rather like it now and am mildly reluctant to part with it. I also considered that I maybe shouldn't gift it, after a slight mishap involving a pair of scissors and a few loose threads... which lead to more loose threads in places I didn't want them... But I've sewn up any obvious holes as best I can now, and it's looking alright. I was going to double it over and sew the seams to make it thicker, but as it would then become a far shorter scarf, I've decide to leave it as is, so it can either be worn 'Doctor Who' long-stylie, or tied around the neck in a 'classic loop' (you know, fold in half and thread the ends through - apparently, that's called 'classic loop'! On some websites...).

In future I think I should stop making scarves for other people. I am the only one, after all, who appreciates scarves so much she wears them all year round. Even as I type, I'm wearing the Man U/Newton Heath scarf to keep out the snow draft bearing in through the window...

Next up, aside from two jumpers that need finishing (and the cushion covers I started on Sunday), I have some ideas regarding my grey dress and the embroidery of. I've also 'acquired' some old Vogue knitting magazines and some Jean Greenhowe booklets, which look like fun... And then there's the Little Emo, Kokeshi dolls... And don't tell anyone, but I bought myself a Christmas present - knit-it sheep; I brought this for my sister a few years back, but I don't think she ever used it, so I bought myself one now, and if I get given another, I can start a sheep farm... :D

I can safely say that knitting has officially now become my hobby, therapy and creative outlet. I'll probably be bored of it by next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment