Friday 22 April 2011

Knock Off Late...

I was up until 2am this morning, determined to finish the Holly Fulton knock-off dress which has taken over my life the past week or so! I can't believe how poorly I've been looking after my flat and myself - the hoover filter was half full of dust and muck when I used it this morning, and my eyebrows were spreading way beyond their usual boundaries!!

At about midnight, following a late double-bill of NCIS, I completed the back:

I had no idea the picture was blurry when I took it - everything was blurry by then! But I pushed on, and managed to edge the neck, armholes and hemline before eventually giving in to sleep. Then, somehow, I woke up at 6am and managed to get up and finish binding the edges:



I just have to complete the 'necklace'. I'm relieved the dress is done, but surprised at how short it is - it felt a lot longer as I was knitting! The length is appropriate to the original, but still... It felt looooooong...

That's an £85 dress made with 200g yellow and 50g charcoal acrylic wool, which cost me less than £3.50. Imperfections abound, but at least it's an 'original' knock-off... ;)

Time to take a tidy break...

Wool used: Forsell Shamal DK Autumn Gold and Forsell Shamal DK Charcoal

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!! Well done, very impressive!!! Make sure you wear your hot pants underneath!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Thanks! I'm only sorry I won't be able to make your craft party tomorrow - I could do with making something different... :) Hope it all goes well... X

    ReplyDelete