Wednesday 4 May 2011

Tied up

Lots of distractions lately - Easter, Royal weddings, iPad apps, programming my dad's Advent Vega... Star Trek films on Film 4... So the knitting has been slower going. I've been working on parts of a design of my own, which doesn't really look like anything yet, so isn't worth showing. However, I do have one completed item.

It's less than a month until my dad's 60th, and I've been working hard to get his presents sorted - all on the theme of 'sixties'. So, even though he doesn't really wear them anymore, I've been trying to purchase six ties, and more specifically some from the Beatles tie range. This has turned out to be a nightmare! Everywhere claims to be selling Beatles ties, but when you order, you get:





  • 'sorry, we don't have that one in stock, but we could send you an alternative?' or

  • 'they should be with you in 28 days (?!?). Haven't got them yet? Oh dear, never mind, wait another two weeks and we'll chase up...' or

  • 'yeah... we don't have any of those in stock...'!

It's ridiculous!! I'm currently stuck in a difficult situation with the second point above, and I have strong suspicions I may get nothing - no ties, no refund - from the company. Frustrated, I've given up waiting and decided to take matters into my own hands: literally.

Whilst watching Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan on Monday:


Whilst watching Star Trek: The Search for Spock last night:


And finally, over breakfast this morning:


Tonight I'm going to attempt to line it and try and flatten it out a bit, and then try another design. I don't know why I didn't just think of this in the first place...!

No comments:

Post a Comment