Sunday 22 May 2011

In The Bag...


The gift bag is complete. Ignore the unplanned slant upwards to the left - it actually works quite well when being carried... ehem... I suspect the lining will actually fall to pieces in a very short time, as it's only old curtain lining, which was already fraying at the edges, but it should last at least for the birthday! I struggled initially on how to make the handle; I thought about using my new French knitter:

but the cord created was too thin, so it was going to take too long to get both the desired length and thickness. Then I considered using a square flower loom, but that made the knit too baggy. So down came the knitting machine again, and after much cursing and invoking of my late Nanna (cast-on and bind-off are still not happening!), I finished the handle by the end of NCIS!

So no more hand-creating things for my Dad's 60th! As soon as I've finished the final tie design (printed by an online company - I hope!) and the cake, and booked the table for dinner, it will all be over bar the partying... Yep, it's finally time to pick up all those old, abandoned projects... She says as she begins something completely new... Eek...!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how much your have done! And so closely to the originals! Well done you!! Amyxx

    p.s: saw this on the news and thought of you:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-13468610

    ReplyDelete