Tuesday 19 April 2011

Knock-offs and Colour Palettes

I have finished the front of the knock-off Holly Fulton dress.

I think it looks alright - significantly different from the original, and it will hopefully look better when attached to the back and the edges have been tidied. Back is currently in progress. (On a technical note: I can't believe how many stitches I dropped and had to go back and pick up during plain stocking stitch!! I could understand it happening during complicated patterns, but ordinary, common-old stocking stitch?!?)

I also had one of the two new wool deliveries I've been waiting for today, extending my colour palette yet further:

I do have plans for all these wools, honest... So I suppose I really should get on with them, instead of buying too much stuff for my poor little flat's capacity...

1 comment: