Thursday 28 October 2010

Two-tone Shrug

Last night, before bed, after two James Bond films:


Sleeves were done and it was onto the main part of the shrug.

Today I had a nice long train journey to Bristol to see friends* - almost four hours in a train, so plenty of knitting time!


You might think I would have got more done, I suppose, but ribbing slows me down because I have to concentrate more, usually involving some internal counting method which strangely is often in the form of music... I've no idea why...?

Only one person commented on the fact that I was sitting on a train knitting, and she was in her late fifties and jammed up right next to me at the time. I apologised for not having something electrical in my hands instead - no iPod, iPhone or laptop I'm afraid; she said it was fine, she remembered knitting once too (how old did that make me feel...?) and remembers it being very therapeutic... I have to admit, it did make the time fly by. I also worked out a good technique for keeping the ball of wool free to turn without losing it under the carriage seats - put it in a plastic bag and hang that from your arm! Worked a treat...

On with the shrug...

* And I wore the sea-cardi...

No comments:

Post a Comment