Friday 15 October 2010

I had a reflection...


Last night I dreamed about this wool! It was being sold in Boots for £1.19 per 50g ball. I debated buying some. When your dreams start getting as exciting as life, it's a worry. According to my dream dictionary (permanently borrowed from my dad's bookshelf), to dream of a deep blue sea (redirected: the Ocean), if it's "very rough and stormy" means "a warning that real courage will be needed to overcome your obstacles". Nuff said... Funnily enough, there is no entry for dreaming about buying wool (or yarn) in Boots the Chemist - clearly, up until 1975, no one had ever had such fascinating dreams...

I have now completed the back and one front-side of this cardigan. I have just over 100g of wool left. I'm no longer concerned about not just having enough for the sleeves, as I've now read to the end of the pattern and realised there's a whole neck and button ribbing section to add as well! If I'd only known (or, more correctly, read the whole piece before starting!! Lesson learned...?), I would have knitted the hemline ribbing in something else too. Oh well. Practice makes... something you'd probably never wear in public...

No comments:

Post a Comment