Saturday 2 October 2010

Treats and distraction

While the dress continues to grow...

...(still slowly!), I'm also being distracted by a scarf:

(and by life. I can forgive the scarf...)

This is a pattern I've attempted before, but I gave up as I was using a very thick fluffy wool, and the pattern wasn't showing as well. This is old purple wool - I have no idea of its make or origin, but it's been with me since I was a pre-double-figures girl with an old plastic sewing box, a flower loom and a french knitting kit. The pattern is Berroco Wedge and is very easy, if a tiny bit fiddly at times. I think the effect is really pretty though. I haven't yet decided if this will be for me or someone else when finished... If I had enough wool, I'd be knitting them as part of the bridal outfits for my sister's wedding... ;)

Mother also gave me some of her old needles and hooks:

Really keen to find out what the hell you can do with those jumbo-jumbo sized needles!! What sort of wool/pattern needs size 15s??

I also treated myself to some new pattern books - Phildar's, all the way from France (although, actually, they were sent all the way from Aldershot??!).

Despite my requesting the English versions every time, two of them are in French, so I'll have to brush up on my knitting lingo. Foreign pattern books are always much more interesting though, with far more fashionable selections. Looking forward to expanding my ideas now... :) If I ever finish this dress...

No comments:

Post a Comment