Friday 20 August 2010

Tunic Evolution

Over a year ago I purchased a couple of knitting pattern books: Fitted Knits and Glam Knits, both by Stefanie Japel, because finally I'd found someone writing fashionable patterns! I also bought some wool, but didn't get much further than that for quite some time...

After my knitting machine disasters, I pulled out the books and my old wool collection and decided to try and match a pattern to the available yarns. For a long time I'd wanted to make the cover jumper from Fitted Knits, but I was concerned that it was rated "Medium" skill level. Still, after two days of unpicking, I was no stranger to failure, so why not?



And, as you can see, after one day, it seems to be going alright! It's also my first attempt at knitting a sweater on circular needles, which is turning out to be more convenient than I'd expected!



Fingers crossed...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment