Tuesday 24 August 2010

Tunic Completed

Another day's knitting and the sleeves are finished, sewn together and the whole piece is complete:



I'm quite chuffed. There are hardly any mistakes, and no obvious visible ones (for a change)! Considering it was medium skill, I actually found it fairly easy! The hardest parts were, I suppose, the box stitch pattern, because it's just a bit time-consuming-fiddly, though not difficult, and the 'seed stitch' borders, which look completely different in my knit to the picture, though I swear I was following the chart!

Unfortunately, my concern was fully founded, and the jumper is considerably smaller than I'd expected:



Most definitely a "fitted" knit!! And the sleeve pattern was crazy - I don't exactly have the most muscular arms in the world, but decreasing the stitches during the box stitch pattern? It's now such a tight fit, I can barely pull it up!! So, success rate has to be 9/10. And in future I know to make the next size up... :)


Wool: Patons Caressa DK 4579

No comments:

Post a Comment