Friday 8 June 2012

Jaeger Monster

It's been a miserable June half term holiday - may as well be October at the moment! Since the Jubilee events ended, I haven't really felt inspired to do anything. But, as it has been on my to-do list for... ever, I did pick up my knitting commission again, to give it another try. I had put it down after I dropped a stitch in the middle of one part of the base pattern, in an impossible position to just pick it back up again. So I diligently unpicked to the amber border and started all over again (version 3.5). It's a monster, this knit, and no matter how far I manage to get with it (still only on the first sleeve!!), I never feel anything but disappointed at the quality. If I were only knitting this for me, I'd feel satisfied enough that I was making progress at least, but I really don't think this is good enough to give to someone else. But the aim is to finish the sleeve and show it to the lady at work to let her decide if it's really ever possible to complete this kit...



No comments:

Post a Comment