Tuesday 1 March 2011

iPad the Distractor...

I can already see the black and white grainy images of the 1940s movie reel as the iPad marches down the street, awkwardly, tearing everyone away from their terribly important lives and loves... Dun dun duuuuuuuuun.

I haven't neglected my knitting, it's just been taking a bit of a back seat while I play with the new toy; a toy I had hoped might improve my knitting experience by allowing me to upload the PDF patterns on to it, rather than having to print them all out on the sly at work... That hasn't quite gone to plan. So far, the PDFs have either been too slow to trawl through, or Fast PDF has crashed out too often. I also hoped to upload photos directly on to here (iPad), but that won't happen until I purchase the requisite USB adapter... Excuses, excuses... There are also no good knitting apps! Somebody needs to get on that quick...

On the projects: mother has the green jumper, as I gave up hopelessly on understanding crochet - I'll have to get someone to teach m properly one day, since books and videos are useless and assume too much; the brow jumper is still slowly completing - possibly a weekend job. Nothing much else of any seriousness to report. I did spend part of the weekend playing with stitch styles, learning ho to knit a variety of patterns. I'm hoping all that experimentation will come in handy. Probably for scarves, let's face it... ;)


Memories of scarves past:

No comments:

Post a Comment