Saturday 13 November 2010

Knot Ace...

There are numerous things wrong with the current scarf project which are slowing me down immensely:



1. Knitting with 2ply wool,

2. using size 11 needles,

3. creating a box pattern of k4, p4 for 4 rows, then turning and trying to remember what the last stitch I knitted was - not always easy to tell with tiny wool and dark or mixed colouring,

4. and a ball of wool that insists on getting itself all tangled and knotted, despite the fact I spent an entire day untangling it and winding it around the cone. It has a life of it's own this wool!!

Also, does it look a bit too 'metrosexual'? I'm not sure the intended recipient does 'metrosexual'...



I'm not really convinced I'll have much time for another scarf before Christmas at this rate, since four hours work only yielded about 20cm gain. Still, having put my two dresses on hold all week for this, as I'm away this weekend at the intended recipient's house, I will be returning to beige dress, which should make me feel a lot better - size 6 needles, thick wool and a k3, p3 rib... Bliss...

No comments:

Post a Comment