Monday 6 September 2010

Blood and Smoke


The side pieces of the 'bloody cardigan' are finished. I now have to make a decision about the sleeves - do I attempt to make them out of the 1.75 50g balls of wool that remain and risk running out before it comes to the button band? Or do I use the 100g ball of dark red wall I bought at the cheapy shop this weekend and mix the pattern up into something potentially even more ghastly...? Decisions, decisions...

I've also bought a "500g cone of silver grey (ecru/porcelain) 4NM 93% acrylic 7% wool yarn" from Yarns To Yearn For on Ebay - a pretty good deal for £6.29 including p&p, I thought.



My intention is to use it to make a dress. I'm using the "Saturday-In-The-Park Perfect Dress" pattern from Fitted Knits, but leaving out the mock cable patterning. My plan/intention is to emulate (with wool) a dress that I liked the look (but not the price) of from White Stuff:



I was originally going to knit the leaves and flowers pattern in as I went along, but as this dress is knitted top down, I felt it was going to be an ambitious enough project as it is without making things even more complicated. So my revised plan is to embroider a similar pattern - probably a bit simpler - when the dress is complete. I think this one may take a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment